History

Home / History

Monastiri Beach House is located in the Environmental and Cultural Park of Paros on Ai Yiannis Detis peninsula, a protected area which covers 80 hectares. Traces of history can be found everywhere across the environmental zone. Remnants of the Aegean civilization include a prehistoric settlement, the post-Byzantine monastery of Ai Yiannis, and remains of the headquarters of the Russian fleet which were located on the peninsula during the Russo-Turkish War (1768-1774).